Monday 5 June 2017

Marcio Leiria 3D Animator at Ampetronic

Marcio Leiria
Many congratulations to Animation Apprentice student Marcio Leiria who has just got a 3D animation job with Ampetronic, an engineering company who are "world leaders in the design and manufacture of audio induction loop systems". 

Mario's new job is a reminder that the animation industry is much more broad and diverse that it used to be, and that there are new opportunities in surprising places. 

We asked him a few questions about how he got the job.

What is your new job?
Marcio: I will be working for the engineering company Ampetronic, as a "Creative Marketing Executive" at an engineering company.  I'll be in charge of all video marketing. creating from scratch all the company's video content - which will include animated tutorials, demonstrations, advertising and simulations.

How did your studies with Animation Apprentice help you find work?
Marcio: There were many candidates for the position, so in order to be selected I went through a long process, during which it was extremely important to differentiate myself from all the other candidates. This was especially the case since I was the oldest candidate and English is not my first language.

This is where Animation Apprentice made a huge impact on my career. The skills we learn at Animation Apprentice made me confident enough to affirm I was able to do 3d animation and broaden up the spectrum the company. My animation showreel had a really positive impact. 

From the various skills we learn at Animation Apprentice, including doing animation, we can also extrapolate these lessons into live action filming.  For instance: camera work, lighting and also staging and composition - these are all transferable skills.

Animation Apprentice gave me tools that I can use in many industries - even beyond video games and cinema. As animators, we can break into almost every modern industry that is looking for content creators.

What advice would you give to other students looking to break into the industry?
Marcio: My advice to other students is: don't put aside opportunities that don't seem attractive just because they're not Pixar or Disney. It's up to you to create the impact that you will leave on the company you work for.  Be a creative person, a creative artist, and you'll make an impact wherever you work.

No comments:

Post a Comment