The Brief to animators is as follows:
- To create a short animation on the theme of 'success against the odds'
- Entrants can use any discipline of animation you choose (2D drawn, 3D CGI, traditional stop motion animation etc.)
- Animations should be 10 seconds or under in length
- Entries should be submitted by 18 May 2014 at 10.00pm
- A personal tour of the Aardman Animations studios in Bristol for you and a friend including ‘Make a Morph’ workshop (approx. 2 hours in total)
- Framed original Morph sketch signed by Peter Lord (Aardman co-founder and creator of Morph)
- Accommodation the night before or after the tour (TBC), and travel to and from Bristol
As ever, here at Animation Apprentice we strongly encourage all our students to enter competitions such as this. You might win, or get shortlisted, and the experience of entering and competing is hugely useful in itself. nothing teaches you the skills of film-making like the focus of entering your project into a competitive race.