How do animators create a great demo reel? And what goes into a great demo reel? Putting together a professional-quality animation reel is the ultimate goal for all of our students here at Animation Apprentice. It is the principle means by which our graduates find work in the industry. In this short video I suggest that there are seven key rules for success.
|Art work by Joe Gamble|
To see more detail on how to cut a great demo reel, see this blog post.
Jobs Resources at Animation Apprentice
We have many resources available at Animation Apprentice aimed at helping our students find work in the animation industry. To get started, see the blog posts below:
- How do graduates find work in the animation industry?
- Demo Reel Advice - at Skwigly
- Demo Reel Advice by Animal Logic
- Why Animators Need to be on LinkedIn
- Be the Rhino - remember that rejection is normal
- Six Rules to Create a Great CV
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- How to Find an Animation Internship
- Blue Zoo Recruitment Tips
- Escape Studios' Free Industry Survival Guide
- Escape Studios Free Careers Guide
- Michael Morgan: "From the Classroom to the Studio"
- Why Animators Need their Own Blog or Website
- How to be a Freelance Animator
- 12 Rules to Find Work in the Animation Industry
- Pixar Advice for Graduates