I'll be one of the speakers at the School of Visual Arts (SVA) panel at Annecy, sharing the stage with Pixar and Nickelodeon, and talking about the current state of the industry and how we can help our students to find jobs and kick-start their careers in the global animation industry.
The panel discussion is called:
Putting Your Best Foot Forward: Animation Talent Search
An "expert panel of animation talent recruiters" will discuss "what they look for in new talent". Students will "learn how to stand out from the competition" and also "find out what makes the difference in developing industry-ready demo reels and portfolios". Prepare your questions for the panel, and get redy to "attain your most ambitious career goals".
Where and when?
Thursday, June 16 at 2pm - 3:30pm. 90 minutes.
Imperial Palace 5th floor, 170 seats, room RAVEL AB
Who will be speaking?
- Kim Diaz, Senior Recruiter, Pixar (San Francisco, USA)
- Ariel Goldberg, Studio Recruiter, Nickelodeon Animation (Los Angeles, CA)
- Eric Goosen, Founder, Walking the Dog (Brussels, Belgium)
- Alex Williams, Animator & Cartoonist, Head of Animation at Escape Studios (London, England)
- Moderator: Angie Wojak, Director of Career Development, School of Visual Arts (New York, USA)
Because this will be a great chance to meet recruiters, including representatives from two of the top studios in the USA, Pixar and Nickelodeon, and find out what they look for in a graduate portfolio.
To find out more about Animation Apprentice, click here for a link to Frequently Asked Questions. To sign up for our next classroom at Animation Apprentice, follow this link.