|Paragon from Epic Games|
The online game Paragon was cancelled in March last year. Developer Epic Games (owners of Unreal Engine) announced that they would release all $12,000,000 worth of game assets for free use by anyone working with the Unreal Engine 4, via the Unreal Engine Marketplace.
The first wave of released content included 20 characters, with their respective skins, animations, VFX and dialogue, along with over 1,500 environment components. To find the Paragon assets online, follow this link.
Paragon was a free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena game developed and published by Epic Games.
Powered by their own Unreal Engine 4, the game started pay-to-play early access in March 2016, and free-to-play access to its open beta started in February 2017. Epic Games shut down its servers on April 27, 2018.
There are, of course, many places nowadays to find free rigs online for use in animation tests. Some of the best places to look include:
- Animation Buffet - the original and still the best selection of free stuff
- Truong CG - a beautiful selection of free rigs, many free, some not.
- Nelson Hurst - a great edit of free Maya rigs
- Free "Ultimate" rigs, great for the early stages of learning animation.
- Free rigs at Mothman TD
- Joe Daniel's Body Mechanics Mega-Pack for $40
To find out more about Animation Apprentice, click here for a link to Frequently Asked Questions. To sign up for our next classroom at Animation Apprentice, follow this link.